FitKIDS at CrossFit Kitchener
Designed to meet the specific needs of a younger population (neurological, cognitive, motor), our program highlights the importance of exercise and prepares young bodies and minds for optimal growth and development. Classes focus on skill progression, fitness and, most importantly of all, having FUN! We emphasize team work and cooperation where everyone is a WINNER!!!!
Outline of class format:
- Warm up
- Skill Review/Introduce New Skill
- WOD (Workout of the Day)
Guidelines for Kids
- Number One – Have Fun!
- Come prepared to listen and work hard
- Juniors (6 – 8 year group) – when you hear the word “Freeze”, stop, look & listen to the coach
- Cheer, encourage and congratulate your classmates at every class
- Before using equipment please wait for instruction on proper use – we want you to stay safe!
- Assist the coaches with putting equipment away
Guidelines for Parents
- Please arrive on time for class. The class is approximately 1-hour in length
- Children must be appropriately dressed & equipped: workout attire that allows freedom of movement, running shoes, hoodie or jacket for cooler days & water bottle
- If you stay during class please minimize distractions but feel free to cheer from the sidelines
- Please wait to enter gym area until you are invited by the coach
- Notify us if your child’s health status changes; if your child is sick please give him/her a rest day
- If you leave during class we will not allow your child to leave until you have returned
- We reserve the right to have a child sit out if they are being disruptive or disrespectful to the coaches or their classmates
- Although we teach proper standards of movement, our emphasis will be on having fun, full participation and building a cohesive group – with the younger group we may forego correcting movement as long as there is no risk of injury to your child
COST – See rates here.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENROLLMENT
Payments – We accept cash, cheque, Visa, MasterCard, and Debit. A $25 fee will apply to NSF cheques.
Registration – Registration is confirmed upon receipt of payment.
Refunds – Refund is available with minimum one week notice prior to start of first class. Admin Fee of $25 is non-refundable. Refunds are not offered after start of the session.
Cancellations – CrossFit Kitchener reserves the right to cancel or change class times due to insufficient enrollment. Advance notice will be provided and a full refund will be provided.
Make-up Classes – Make-up classes are unavailable.
BIRTHDAY PARTIES AT CFK
2 hours includes:
♦ CrossFit-style games and challenges
We’ll supply the plates, plastic cutlery, cups and napkins.
You supply the snacks/cake/drinks.
♦ maximum number – 10 ($10, plus hst per child over the cap)
♣ ages 5 and up
Download our Event Waiver Form
PD DAY & SUMMER CAMPS:
CrossFit Kitchener & Grand River Rocks!
½ Day of CrossFit at CrossFit Kitchener
“We set up fun and creative workouts, games and activities in an interactive and safe environment. Let CrossFit Kitchener show your kids that Fitness is Fun!”
½ Day of Climbing at Grand River Rocks
“We offer youth a chance to be active in a fun and supportive atmosphere! Let Grand River Rocks introduce your kids to the adventurous world of rock climbing!”
9am – 4pm
Pizza Lunch Included
Ages 6 and up
$55 per day, plus hst
Checklist of things to bring on Camp Day:
- • a bottle of water with your child’s name on it
- • wear comfortable/movable workout gear and running shoes
- • morning & afternoon snacks (lots of snacks – they work up an appetite
Contact us for more information.
Please note: We do require a waiver for both locations. If you have completed one in the past you do not need to complete another one.